This year a new group has been formed for the less energetic among us, called the Jojoba Strollers. I joined them for an easy, three mile walk out our back gate to an olive grove.
Oh my! This was one of the harder stretches. Slightly down hill.
At the olive grove, we took a break and were treated to an olive oil tasting. The many flavors of oil and balsamic vinegar were wonderful, but a bit pricy. I was secretly glad that I didn't bring any money along. But the grove is just around the corner from Jojoba, and they have a store down in Temecula.
This is the closest business to Jojoba Hills. I did stop in once, to see what they had, but it is not much more than a milk, bread, and cigarette store.
This was another "hard" spot. We had to climb over and up several uneven rocks. I was actually hurt doing this. The nice guy on the right was giving us a hand, and I unwisely extended my left.
Super ouch! That is my recovering shoulder. But it was towards the end of the walk, and I got home to put on an ice bag fairly quickly.
I may be relaxed, but notice how I am holding my left arm in a protective position. It is almost as if I am wearing an invisible sling.
|Spiralized sweet potato|
|Oven Fried Avocado Tacos with Chipotle Cream|
Would you believe this whole plate is only 240 calories!
Other things I did in January include:
- Took a fun little two hour felting class in the craft room.
- Went to lunch out with the "Mad Hatter" gals.
- Took a beginning watercolor class at the park Art Center trailer.
- Joined with others to march in the 2018 Women's March in Riverside.
- Participated in a group "postcard writing" session to support Julia Peacock, a Democrat public school teacher running for US Congress against the Republican incumbent.
- Watched the 2018 season of "Grace and Frankie", a wonderful comedy on Netflix starting Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda. When Craig watches sports in one room of the coach, I often go into the other and watch something else.
- We watched Season 7 of the "Game of Thrones" together. We don't have HBO, so we have bought each season from Amazon as it has become available.
- And we both relaxed and read a few new books.
- Finally I have spent many hours reviewing information and making reservations at State and National parks for our summer adventure. North to Oregon and Washington this year!
I end this post with a couple more shots of the beautiful sunsets we have enjoyed from our windows and patio.
A different day.
I like to play with using a tree as composition element.
Life is good!