Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Good Read

I just finished reading "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen.

The Kindle edition was $4.19.

It was a quick read.  A good story.

I recommend it to anyone.









I have also read Jean Auel's new book "Land of the Painted Caves " this month.  I enjoyed her earlier books more than this one.  It seemed very repetitious and lacked an interesting plot line.

I feel like the $12.00 I spent for the Kindle edition was a waste of money.

I use the Kindle Application on my MacBook Pro, but we also have a Kindle. I have gotten several free Kindle books,  and  e-books from the library.

Have you read any books that you really enjoyed lately?
 Any Recommendations?

10 comments:

  1. If you haven't read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, I highly recommend that. A couple of the middle books in the series get a little bogged down with historical details, but the story is worth it! I think they are my favorite historical fiction books ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to read a lot. Now my mind can't keep still for more than a magazine. I know once we full time it, I will relish reading good novels again :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a big Jodi Piccoult fan...so anything by her is a favourite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy historical fiction books. I just finished one called Winter Garden by Kristen Hannah about the siege of Leningrad. I really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Elephants" was on of the first downloads to my Kindle, and I loved it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read a lot of books but most of them are plain old mystery type novels with no real message or moral.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Merikay. I keep a blog of my book reviews, and though I am behind (I have two reviews to write at the moment) it's not that far out of date. If you're curious, take a peek: http://jrpbookreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm with Rick on my choice of reading material ~ mystery and suspense.

    I can't wait to see the Water for Elephants movie tho.... love Robert Pattinson!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I.M. thinkin' yer movin' up on the animal head scale reedin' bout them elephants and all. Sorry me and Nilda can't help ya with yer reedin' as I.M. are such a good writer, reedin' only confusions me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked WFE too. Disappointing to hear Auel's newest book was not up to par. May wait for the library copy in that case.

    JeffP--thanks for the reading blog tip. Always looking for good books. Will have to see if our tastes match--our sci fi series sure does!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.