It was really a lot easier than I expected.
The recipe I used said it would make nine bagels. I divided it into eight. I think getting the sizes equal will take a bit of practice.
I always use the full recipe when I'm trying something new.
Next time I will try making a half recipe resulting in four fresh baked bagels.
This time I am also doing a couple of "baking option" experiments.
These bagels are fully baked and were quite yummy.
The bottom two of these bagels have not been baked and will be covered, put in the refrigerator, and baked tomorrow.
The top two have been baked for 15 of the 25 minutes. I will also refrigerate them and bake them bit more tomorrow.
I think it would be nice to be able to mix them and let them go thru the first rising, shaping, boiling and topping the night before, (about a hour and a half time). Then bake them for breakfast the next morning.
The recipe I used is at bagels.
I'll let you know tomorrow how the delayed baking and Craig's taste test went