Thursday, March 9, 2023

Grand Tradition Estate and Gardens, or I'm Back AGAIN

It's been a long long time since I wrote a blog post!  Although we traveled extensively last summer, I really did not feel well, and most of the time just didn't have the energy or desire to write.

I was not seriously sick or anything.  I have Type 2 diabetes, and it finally caught up with me. But in September, I decided to take it seriously and take control of my eating. It has not been easy, but I have had a lot of support and encouragement from both Craig and my friends at our winter home, Jojoba Hills in California. 

I have lost 38 pounds, am exercising every day, and my A1C is now in the normal range and I am no longer considered diabetic. I am still diligently watching everything I eat, keeping a strict log, and weighing in every day. I know I could still lose more weight, but for now I am trying to just maintain and learn to eat mindfully.

With all that said, I am looking forward to some travel next summer, and will try to start blogging again.

                                                                                                          

Today, we did something that we might have happily done on one of our RV trips. We went out for a very nice lunch at a very special place in a nearby town.

Grand Tradition in Fallbrook, California

I went to lunch at the estate with some of the Jojoba ladies in February, and enjoyed it so much I had to take Craig there.

It is a large property that is primarily a wedding venue and conference center.


There is a small but elegant white table cloth restaurant on the long covered veranda, overlooking a beautiful pond. It is only open three days a week. The food was wonderful and the prices were quite reasonable. 

My diet? Since I am very careful every other day, an occasional treat day can be enjoyed without guilt. 

After lunch we took a walk around the pond and explored the garden.


 It was a beautiful, sunny warm day. We have had a lot of cold rainy days this winter, but today it felt like Spring is finally here.

The Compass Garden is not big, but every bit of it is delightfully well groomed.





 

 I love shadows.


















So, here I am. Thinner, healthier, and feeling great! Now that the weather is starting to get nicer I am hoping to take some walks, and I might even post about them.  

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a pretty place to visit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your numbers back in line. It's quite an accomplishment. Looking forward to your walks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.