Monday, May 24, 2010

Husband looked at RV's with me

On Saturday we went over to the big RV show in Plesanton together.  On the way I told Craig that what I hoped we could do is pick out some of the things we did and did not like about the layouts and manufacturers in general.

We looked at so many, I knew I would get confused so I kept a note book with me and tried to make notes as we looked.  After looking at a few large gassers, Craig zeroed in on  the diesels.    The bigger, the better!

There were more that we didn't feel good about than we did.

But the interesting thing is one of the gassers we saw in the beginning, and we went back to before leaving was our favorite.  It was a 36' or 37' 2008 Georgetown by Forest River.  What we liked about it were some of the floor plan features and cabinetry touches.   We both liked the fact that the kitchen had an island.  I have looked at many floor plans and have not found a diesel with an island. If fact so far I haven't found any others with an island.  If anyone knows of manufacturers of Motorhomes with this feature I'd be glad to hear from you.

I also liked the fact that the potty was on an angle rather than parallel with the wall.  This gives you more "elbow" room.

We also both liked a 2010 Meridian V, 39' diesel, by Itasca.  It had a forward kitchen and no carpeting between the door and the kitchen.  I think of when one is cooking outside, the number of trips you take back and forth, and how bothersome it would be to take your shoes off each time.  This of course is something easily changed, but something to think about.

A third rig we liked was a 2004 Georgie Boy, I don't know the manufacturer, but will be looking it up. It was a 38' diesel.  We liked the fact that it had a nice desk in the bedroom, and that it had a TV on the side.

Speaking of TVs,  Why do they have so many in the big RVs?  We saw some with three inside and a forth outside.  I guess since I'm not much of a TV watcher, I find it hard to appreciate this wealth of screens!

So overall the show was a good experience.  There is no question that we will end up with a BIG diesel.  I know what the light in his eyes means when I see it.

Aside from that Craig worked very hard on Sunday on he house repairs.

In answer to the questions about the Moose lodge, I'll post what I find out as I go.

That all for now ...



Daily countdown: (Monday)
527 days, or 1 year, 5 months, 9 days to go.
Exercise Goal:
1000 miles on the treadmill,  2.5 miles today

Total walked = 135.5 miles
Someday I will be hiking 1000 miles  in National Parks!

3 comments:

  1. I believe Georgie Boy is owned by Coachmen. I've always enjoyed looking at rigs. Sounds like a positive move for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had some fun! I love checking out the new rigs at the shows, don't want any of them, but they are great fun to look at! Good source of ideas for mods.

    I don't think I will be putting an island in Taj any time soon though :)

    Hope you guys are enjoying this part, RV shopping is really entertaining to me, so many possibilities!

    -Mike & Heidi
    97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
    HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about the angled bathroom. Elbow room is important :)

    Just try to picture yourself doing your normal daily activities. Is the shower large enough? comfortable? How easy will it be to make the bed? Room enough to brush your teeth, or is a cabinet in the way (ours is a problem) Enough comfortable seating? Counter space?

    There is definitely a lot to consider, but it sounds like you're finding quite a few you're liking!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.