Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pretty, Plus Painting Progress

I took some time this afternoon to take the picture out of my camera and file or discard what was there. I ooh these in the last few days. I find I  reach for the camera more often now that I blog.

 I like to see pictures in blogs, and usually they say more than a lot of words could.

There are many flowering fruit trees,  wild and in orchards, blossoming right now.
I have always just taken them for granted.  This year I am seeing them!
Another sunset from the deck. 
 Although the color in this one is not a vivid as in some of the others I shot that night, I liked the way the bare branches are silhouetted against the sky.

  (That tree in the center is about 150 feet tall!)

And last weekend's painting progress:
Craig did the cut in trim painting I couldn't quite reach from my 8' step ladder, and
painted the  part of the stair well to the downstairs that could only be reached with the extension ladder.  I painted the lower part on Wednesday.


AND ...  I have started walking again.  I let myself be lazy for awhile!

Exercise Goal:
1000
 miles on the treadmill, 

1.5 miles Wednesday
miles Thursday

Total walked = 314.5 miles  

Someday I will be hiking 1000 miles in National Parks!






6 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to take pictures of the everyday stuff. Thanks for reminding me! Every morning there is a beautiful sunrise as I get ready for work. I need to get it on my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My, that is looking really good! I don't mind cutting in, but not on a high ladder. In fact, I can't keep my head bent back for long, even standing on the floor, because of old whiplash injuries. You're lucky to have a "helper"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your camera with you! I think it's easier to appreciate life through your view finder! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. funny how the mind works... as we get closer to departing it is quite evident that we see through different eyes than we did just months ago...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, thanks for following my blog.
    I don't mind answering general tax questions, but for something more specific, I would need a bunch of info. I ask lots of questions when I prepare a tax return.

    email me tls2100 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is the everyday pictures that are the most special..a picture is worth a thousand words!!..wouldn't catch me up that ladder!!..I can't even stand on a chair in front of the kitchen window! :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.