Is anyone still with me?
I may save these blogs and put them on a CDR for my youngest grandson who aspires to be an artist, or a chef, or a baseball player. He might enjoy looking at it someday and see how his Grandma Merikay made things.
But for now, I write for you.
Today I did a few "odds and ends." Steps that only take a short time each, but must be done.
I make them removable so they can be packed along side the heads for shipping. This makes it possible to use a smaller box size and thus save on shipping costs. Economical International shipping is restricted by box size.
I marked where I wanted the PVC couplings to be, cut thru the paper mache shell with a knife, and used a large drill to bore holes in the foam. I used glue and paper mache to set the couplings in place.
But because it is the same white as the plaster cloth it is difficult to see what I am doing. To solve this, I paint the plaster cloth layer. That way I will know that when I can no longer see any paint I have put on a thick enough layer of Hydrocal and have not missed any little places.
I inserted a piece of 16 gage wire into the sides of his muzzle. The "stick" in the center is a bamboo BBQ skewer, and it is keeping the wire in place.
Then I shaped the tusk with aluminum foil and masking tape.
I use Sculpty III Clay for his nose. It was shaped and then baked in a 265* oven to harden.
I wrapped foil around the muzzle before adding the clay so the nose would be easy to remove after shaping.
I just lift the foil and transfer the nose to a baking sheet.
Later in the day I painted the black clay nose with black paint black. I also painted the deer's nose which I had made on Tuesday.
I didn't help Craig today, maybe tomorrow.
I think Post 6 will cover furring the cheetah.