*****

Our vehicles at 719 Mourning Dove Way, Jojoba Hills SKP park. Why does the Alfa look so bright and the Jeep so dim? Their left sides are parallel, 15 feet apart, both appliance white, and the Jeep has been washed!

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Turning Page and into Hurricane


We decided to go out for a Mexican dinner on our last night in Arizona. Craig fit right in wearing his favorite German shirt.

[From Craig]  Many years ago I drove into a medium-sized shopping center in San José that I had never visited before.  A store called European Men's Warehouse was having a going-out-of-business sale.  One big table had lots of very colorful shirts on it.  I read the labels and found that they were all cotton and made in Germany.  The price tags showed a long saga of markdowns: originally $125 each, marked down to $35, then $20, $12, $5, and finally 2 for $5.  That's 2% of the original price!  Needless to say I bought one of every design they had, plus a couple more in a larger size for our son.  He liked them so much he gave them back to me, which was a good thing because I grew larger as I got older.  

They only one left is shown below.  I mostly wear it to Mexican restaurants.



Being retired people we tend to eat out early. When we returned to the coach, the sun was just setting:



And, the moon was just rising:






Next stop, (B on map)
           147 miles,
                Sand Hollow State Park,               
                                    Hurricane, Utah

6 comments:

  1. When we were in Hurricane, we were surprised to find out that it is pronounced Hur'-i-cun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your shirt, Craig...and the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shirt, love the picture of the moon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As your son, I have no recollection of returning such shirts. They look really cool. I would have kept them now.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.