Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bikes and MY Books

Last week I took our bikes in for a good cleaning and tune up.  They have been sitting unused in the garage for several years.  We had a good routine a few years back where I would meet Craig after work on Wednesdays with the bikes in my van.  We would go for a ride and then have dinner out.  We did this for a couple of years, but after we stopped because daylight savings time ended, and winter came, we simply never got it together to do it again the following years.

 Well, they are all set now, and although we won't go out this week (Rain predicted.) I hope we can get back into riding from time to time.   (Part of my get fit for the future plan!)  But it is fun too!

This morning I went thru three shelves of books in my studio.  Ugh! They were covered with dust. Over the years I have collected reference books about wildlife, both for the information and for the pictures.  In creating my art  animalhead.com I like to look at photos of the animal I am making, and like to learn about them.

 The books have been very useful over the years, but I know that for the last few years I have just gone to Google Images for my visual resources.  I like to use the pictures from the computer because I can print them out and hang them on the wall in from of my work table.  This is easier than using a book.

So I dusted the books off, boxed most of them up, and will be taking them to Goodwill next time.

I also have several binders of pictures I have collected over the years.  These I will keep until it is time to do the last clean out.

I also have a nice binder of all of the newspaper articles about my work over the years.  I have them laminated, and will give the binder to my daughter to keep for my Grandchildren.  It may seem a bit egocentric, but I'd love to see newspaper articles about my Grandmother!  I hope she will put them in her attic for them.

582  days, or 1 year, 7 months, 2 days to go.  


Exercise Goal:        1000 miles on the treadmill            2 miles today  970 to go

                                        Someday I will be hiking in National Parks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, or send an email.