Saturday, March 6, 2010

Saturday - Small progress has been made

So excited, someone actually became a follower today!


606 days, or 1 year, 7 months, 26 days to go.

To Rummage sale or flea market table:
  • Veggie grill basket
  • Pith Helmet
  • Old motor cycle helmet (this should probably just go to trash!)
  • Ice-cream maker - Aside from it's original use for a party, I have used it once in the last five years and that was a disaster. Grocery stores do it better.)
  • 3 pairs of unopened "Hose"
To Trash:
  • old rolls of wall paper
  • 10 things from pencil box
  • grocery bag full of old socks and undies.
I always try to get the wash done on Sunday. Since a weeks worth of undies and socks are now in the wash I decided to clear out that drawer. I dumped it all into a basket and sorted good from not. One drawer now very tidy. One more cubic foot of stuff in the trash.

Husband progress: He taped and spackeled the two holes as expected. Now he is off buying a piece of wood for framing a new door for a new closet. When the disaster first happened we discovered a space beneath the stairs, in the hall opposite the bathroom and adjacent to the Laundry room that was "walled" off. At the time I suggested it would be great to turn it into a closet for "Costco Stuff." I no longer care if it exists, but it looks like it is going to be part of the project.

We had a bit of a tiff about it because he says I question his every step. I guess I do. I try so hard to keep my mouth shut. We discussed how I always look at the big picture and he only see the mirco projects!


I don't know if this is going to work.


3 comments:

  1. Found your blog from Ken and Nanette's blog.

    We went full time in 11/06 downsizing from a 2500 sq ft house to a 37' motor home and a huge storage unit and along the way we aquired another storage unit. That is until last week. We have totally cleaned out and organized the big storage unit, gotten rid of 27 boxes of books (who needs that many books anyway) and eliminated the smaller storage unit. One reason for the bigger storage unit is for my husbands tools and stuff for plumbing (his business and how we pay bills and survive).

    Anyway, wanted to welcome you to the RV lifestyle. I look forward to traveling along with you.

    You can check out my blog and our upcoming new adventure at www.ali1257.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I look forward to "back reading" your blog to get to know you and learn more about how YOU do it!

    Books are a big issue here. My husband has a large collection and I don't think he will part with them. I do see a storage unit in the plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here merely by Googling: Merikay's Dreams are Written in Smoke.

    I. too have a Blogspot on here. I've not updated for quite some time, though. I may start again from where I left off.

    Anthony W.

    white-charcoal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.