Saturday, March 13, 2010

Weekend

599 days, or 1 year, 7 months, 19 days to go. 

Why does 599 seem so much less than 600?  Time is flying by.  I've really been doing a lot of thinking, and will soon create a page with a "plan."  Of course, plans are no more stable than "dreams."  But sometimes if you actually write things down they will be a more clear objective and you can decide if that is what you really want.

The reason the title of this blog is "Merikay's Dreams are Written in Smoke" is because smoke is the most nebulous thing I can think of.  Even sand is more stable!  My dreams can change or evaporate very quickly.  But dreams are real just the same.

On a more material subject.  We have a 1979 MG Midget parked in the garage.  I bought it in Texas when my daughter got her drivers license.  It was not for her.  She got to drive my old chevy van, much safer. The MG was for me!  It was a fun little car, and between Texas and California both my husband and I drove it for years.  In 1995 we replaced it with a new car and promised we were going to run the MG from time to time to keep it running. 


 This of course didn't happen and after awhile I got a non op registration and it became a place taker in the 3-car garage.

I had someone interested in buying it last year, but my husband wasn't ready. I've been researching other MGs on the market  to get a price range. The blue books and classic car value book are no help because they only deal with ones that are  running. 

As soon as the weather is warm I will be getting it cleaned up, photographed and put it on E-bay motors etc.  I could do that right away, but the tires are flat and I will need a bit of help.  I don't want to derail my husbands weekend work on the bathroom project just yet, so I will wait a few more weeks. 

I  mention it to Craig this morning, and he said go ahead.  

To Shredder: 1991 tax box


House project progress: Details will be put into Monday's blog! He sawed out one footing board and is off to rent a jack hammer to remove some concrete.

Exercise goal: to walk 1000 miles on the treadmill
2 miles today,  991 to go

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment, or send an email.