Friday, March 4, 2011
Next Room Decided
Next I washed the stones. Starting at the bottom I used a spray bottle with 50% water and 50% vinegar to drench each stone. By tucking Sham-wow cloths under each row, and towels on the floor, I was able to catch the run off as I went. I figure I used about two gallons of liquid.
It took two days to do, but it came out quite nice. I will be cleaning and repainting the fireplace as well. It's a rather retro feature, but can be quite pleasant.
I also cleaned off the under layer of paper and glue with DIF, a scraper, and a three step wall washing process.
I've finished getting all the paper off and am about 1/3 of the way thru the removal of the under layer.
I'll probably be at it most of next week.
Tomorrow, Saturday, I going to preview a local monthly Flea Market. It is said to be one of the better ones, with fewer really junky vendors.
You have to apply for a spot a month in advance. I sent in the paper work for the first Saturday of April. If I don't get a spot for then, I'll try again for May. But I want to take a look at what people are selling, their pricing, and their display methods.
It is supposed to be a quite nice day weather-wise.
Didn't walk today, but I'm really tired from scraping and washing.