Tuesday, June 15, 2021

BLOGGER VS FACEBOOK

Nowadays people have a variety of ways to keep in touch with each other and to share their daily experiences. Personally I don't use Twitter or TikTok at all, but I do look at Facebook almost every day. For me it is a way to keep in touch with friends, family, and a few groups I belong to. But, for me, it is not a satisfying way to record and share our travels or pictures we take.

Black Swallowtail at McConnell Arboretum and Garden

In my eye, this blog is more like a diary or a series of travel articles. It gives us a place to share our photography. A single picture on Facebook works, but adding several becomes a mismash. When I create a post on Blogger, I try to look at it as if I was creating a magazine page layout. 


A feature of the Blogger platform I really like is the ability to go back and see what I wrote in past years.  I don't know how many times I have used the SEARCH function on my blog to verify when we went to a particular location. 

Try that with Facebook!  

I do put links for my Blog posts on Facebook,  so my friends there know when I write a new one. 

 


For now, I want to say thank you, and welcome 
aboard, to my friends who commented on my first blog of the year and wrote they would be "traveling with me". It makes me feel like I am writing a letter to each of you when I do a post. 

 

 



The pictures in this post were all taken Monday at the McConnell Arboretum and Gardens. It is located in the same park area as the Sundial Bridge.  These orchid-like flowers grew on a tree!


We walked 2.4 miles,  just a little farther than on Sunday. Monday was quite warm, but some clouds kept it from getting as hot as the day before. 


     
Splish splash, I'm takin' a bath.

 
Not all interesting things in nature are "pretty". I find the vast range of textures in both living and dead plants to be like eye candy.

This fallen log definitely says: "don't sit on me!"

We will still be in Redding, CA on Tuesday, but do not plan on any outdoor activity. Predicted temperatures are over 100°. There is a bowling alley just around the corner from the RV park we are at. We haven't bowled for 40 years.  It might be fun if our old backs and knees feel up to it. 

Check back for the rest of the story.

 

5 comments:

  1. Thats why I blog. I also add the link on FB. You take such gorgeous pictures and have an eye for the unusual which I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have those flowers right now on our catalpa tree in the back yard. So pretty. You are getting out of Redding just in time. Triple digits coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your posts. I'm looking forward to following your travels this summer. We leave tomorrow to head north. It's way too hot in Yuma. We'll be visiting family in Nebraska, Wisconsin and Iowa. I feel the same about blogger. It is just as much a travel journal for me as a way to keep in touch with family and friends. I also post a link on Facebook. Have a safe summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked around Facebook and got rid of it. Blogging is the only way to keep decent records.
    Just getting caught up after working all day.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.