Sunday, June 27, 2010

Wild neighbors - Deer

As I was doing dishes last night, I noticed a doe browsing on some of the trees in our yard.   I was pretty sure she was the one who has twins this year so I quietly went out, camera in hand.

Sure enough, this little guy was  curious to figure out what I was with that big black thing in front of my face!



Then I notice it's twin coming up out of the forest. 




They and their mom never got close enough together to take a family picture.


It's because of these guys that we don't do any gardening.  We cut the tall grasses and weeds for fire control, and let any native plants alone, but we don't try to landscape except for some roses in a fenced garden. 



Daily countdown:
492 days, or 1 year, 4 months, days to go.

Time spent Painting the House:  
Me:  4.5 hours  Sunday         Total = 54.5 hours
Craig: 4.5 hours Sunday  Total = 12.5 hours  



Exercise Goal:  
1000 miles on the treadmill,  (Pretty much on hold due to the painting work!)
Total walked = 170 miles  
Someday I will be hiking 1000 miles  in National Parks!




7 comments:

  1. So, you avoid landscaping because they'll just eat what you plant? Or because you don't want to frighten them away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!! Good pics!:)

    Mike & Gerri (happytrails)
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way!!! You're so lucky! I hope we get to see deer up close like you did :)

    Nellie
    http://midlifecruiser.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. yep they are cute unless you want to garden...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pics! I'd rather have the deer for neighbors than the rodents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful peaceful creatures

    Syl

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.