Sunday, October 4, 2015

Balloon Fiesta in pictures

We have been at the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta for only two and a half days, and I am feeling overwhelmed by the number of pictures I want to share and stories about what we are doing. 

I have decided to start the week by sharing eleven of our favorite pictures, with nothing more than captions.


Morning starts with the launch of the dawn patrol balloons, 
which provide wind information for the others.


Balloons crowd the field waiting for their turn to launch




The captain of this balloon took her boots off and walked into the balloon to adjust something as it was being inflated


Fly me to the moon!


Make room!

I see you!

Overhead


Ribbet!


Police brutality?

If it has wheels and leveling jacks, is it an RV?


The view from our RV parking area on Sunday morning

13 comments:

  1. Sure must be a sight to behold & I'd sure like to make it there to see it someday. I just love all those colors in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. This has been on my bucket list wsy before I had an RV.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos. That event is pretty high on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pictures!! This is definitely on my bucket list! It will be where we head the first year we don't work for Amazon!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are working as Amazon Camperforce for 1st time this year in Haslet, TX. Where are you working?

      Delete
  5. Amazing pictures. We have other friends who are there and I love seeing all the pictures. Would love to see it - just not sure I could handle all the people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A crowd in Albuquerque is less crowded than in NY/LA/SF :-)

      Delete
  6. It's fun to look at it through your eyes (and lens).... Same place but different. We had a great time at our get-together..... Hope to catch up with you again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos, you have now inspired me to put this on my bucket list for next year. Incredible. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos make me want to be there! Wonder if I can ever get my cowboy to brave the crowds?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing. We have been four times, the latest just last year, and would go again. It is just breathtaking. Enjoy! Crowds are not that bad, everyone! And you can see a lot from across the highway.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, or send an email.